Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Just Some Thoughts!!!!


Today is a huge day in the Bryan family.  Our son Chandler turns 14 today.  When Chandler was born I was very excited about football, basketball, soccer and all other sports that he would participate in.  Six months after his birth we started to notice that Chandler was missing his milestones as a newborn.  Little did we know the next few years would lead to many tests and many hospital stays.  My dreams were shattered.  Anger consumed me for many years.  The problem was not with Chandler it was with me.  Even before his birth I had already set my agenda for Chandler’s life without considering what God had planned.  As I reflect today all I can say is WOW.  God has taught me so much through Chandler.  Each Sunday as we sing, I watch Chandler struggling at times to lift his hands in praise to our Lord with a big smile on his face.  He truly understands what worship is all about.   He may have his physical limitations, but spiritually he gets it.    It is an honor to call Chandler my son.  In my eyes he is perfect in every way.  Thank you Lord for my enormous blessing!!  

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment