Thursday, March 26, 2015

Moving Forward

    As you know by now, we are going to 3 services soon.  In fact, we'll be trying it out for the first time on Easter Sunday.  I don't know about you, but it's hard to believe it's already spring and Easter is just next week.  I know that the 3 services has been the hype here lately, and I knew that we were going to try this out on April 5th, but let me tell you, it has really crept up on me.  With the completion of our last album, starting with MuliTracks in a couple of weeks, learning multiple instruments for each song, we have been in full swing.  But, you know what?  I'm excited.  I can't wait to speed everything up that much faster.  It only means that God is moving and that He has something in store.  I believe His people are always excited to see what He is going to do; and personally, that's where I am with this.  

    To add to the list, we are trying out an app called "OnSong".  Basically, it's an app to virtually eliminate the need for paper chord charts and folders.  Also, when ran from an iPad, it's much more subtle on stage than a big music stand.  In it, you have the ability to make your own notes, customize colors, create set lists, change keys, etc.  You can even operate it with a foot pedal so it's hands free.  I think it will be a great addition to the technology we're using already, not to mention the fact that it will tremendously cut down on preparation time before rehearsals and services begin.

    Something else I'm excited about is song writing.  With everything else going on, we've decided to wait until next year to cut another record and focus on song writing this year.  For the next album we do, we want to include songs we've written and arranged on the album along with new material from other groups.  Waiting until next year to begin another project will work out well because this way, we can spend much longer writing and arranging our own material, ensuring we can give it the attention needed instead of having to jam it into a couple of months.  Since this will be a representation of our church and more importantly Jesus, I'm glad the decision to wait was made so we can create the best material possible. 

    Again, even though things are in full swing and will only get faster in the very near future, I'm eager to see where we're headed and I believe our church feels the same way.  God will bless a body of believers that point people to His Son and at the end of the day, that is our focus and purpose.



Peace,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment