Monday, April 27, 2015

Blessed

We are all blessed but it is so easy to forget it sometimes.  When you are sick, when the money is running low, when someone lets you down, you fill in the blank because I know you have those times when you get down and start feeling sorry for yourself, we all do. 

I have to travel a lot for work but when I am finally in my office for a few days I sometimes eat lunch at my desk.  A few days ago I was eating lunch at my desk (cornfield beans, stew beef and cornbread); man I love good country cooking.  While eating I decided to search the internet for a song that I had heard earlier in the week that I was considering singing sometime in the future.  Well I found the song I was searching for and as any good YouTube junkie does I couldn’t stop with just one song.  One of the songs recommended was an old song that I remembered from my childhood.  The song was sung by Gordon Mote (the singer of the first song I was searching for) and Aaron Crabb and it was entitled “Thank You Lord For Your Blessings On Me”.  Well needless to say while listening to this song I had church and I felt the presence of the Lord in a powerful way.  I know that I am blessed but I all too often lose focus on what is really important.  The words of the song are so simple and the melody line is not complex but what a message!  Music does not have to be big but it has to speak to the heart, while our MPBC Praise Team does several “Big” songs we want all of the music we do speak to your heart.  Here are the words to the song and I hope that you will let them speak to you as they did to me. 

"While the world looks upon me, as I struggle along
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong
In my heart, I'm rejoicing, how I wish, they could see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

Now I know I'm not wealthy, my clothes, they're not new
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you
And that's all that matters, though the world may not see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me"

The reality is that when compared to most of the word we are wealthy and we still complain and want more.  If we had nothing could we really say “but Lord I have You”? Whatever you have going on in your life you can say “but Lord I have You” and if you know Christ as your Savior then He will give you what you need to get through the tough times and you can say “Thank You Lord For Your Blessings On Me”.

Here is the song and I hope it speaks to you as well. 




Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment