Monday, May 9, 2016

Childlike Faith...

As I was sitting at the preschool the other day, I began to think about the ways of a child. They love with all that they have, and long to be loved, at all times. They are full of adventure with this beautiful sense of wonder. It made me think of when I was a kid and my Daddy would read Matthew 18 to me. This passage is still my favorite today...

“At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:1-4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

These children are what we should strive to be like. We should come running to the Lord with our arms wide open, clenching on for dear life, ready to trust and love. We should humble ourselves, knowing that we are not deserving of the Father’s love, yet it is given to us unconditionally. We can learn so much from these little ones. I get so tickled when they start singing songs like “Jesus Loves Me” and “The B. I. B. L. E.” They sing these songs to the top of their lungs, and they do not care who hears them! They say to me, “Miss. Savannah, come sing to me!” And that just melts my heart! I love being able to show the love of Jesus to these sweet children through song. 

I know that as members of the Praise Team, we are more often put on the spot to declare our love for Jesus than others, being that we are on stage every week. But sometimes during the week, we still hide in the corners, afraid of what someone might say if we speak too loudly.  Personally, I am striving to leave my faith out in the open-- I won't let anyone put it under a bushel! I am praying that God will renew my childlike faith, so that I can see Him as a child does. I pray that He will lead us all to be loving, trusting, forgiving, and humbled as children are, so that we can see Him with that precious childlike-wonder. 

Blessings~

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment