Next week, the Mt. Pleasant Worship Choir will resume practice with our first ever Worship Choir Kick-Off. To help encourage people to join us, here is a list of the top 10 reasons for you to join the Worship Choir.
1. You'll gain another family. Some of the best people you will ever meet are in the choir. This group really cares for and takes care of each other. This is a great way to build lasting relationships and find new sources of accountability in your walk with God.
2. No auditions or solos. You don't have to be the most talented musician in the world to come sing in the choir. If you can't read music, no problem. Just come sing along and you'll be fine.
3. Intellectual stimulation. When you sing, you are using both sides of your brain simultaneously.
4. People who are involved in music live longer and are healthier. I have no actual proof of this, but I read it on the internet so it must be true😉.
5. We'll make sure you are ready to lead worship each week. Not only will we spend time reviewing the music for the upcoming Sunday each practice, but we will also spend time in prayer and devotion each week.
6. Worship Wednesdays. On one Wednesday night a month (Worship Wednesday), the choir participates in
helping lead the congregation in worship. It's the one time a month where we all have the opportunity to lead together (as opposed to Sundays where we are split between the 3 services). Plus, starting this October, the choir will also be performing 1 song by themselves during each Worship Wednesday Service. People are going to be really excited to hear the choir sing by themselves again!
7. The Mt. Pleasant Christmas Candlelight Celebration.
This is something new that we are doing this year and it isgoing to be AWESOME!!! The Praise Team/Band, Worship Choir, Children's Choir, Drama Team, Production Team, and Pastors will all be participating in this unbelievable celebration of the birth of Jesus. You are not going to want to miss out on being a part of it!
8. The Mt. Pleasant Passion Play. This will be our 9th year presenting the play. Each year it is an unbelievable experience for everyone who is involved with it and you'll definitely want to be included.
9. 3 Words: CHOIR. IS. FUN! It really is. And we laugh a lot! Sometimes we have such a good time that I don't know how we actually accomplish anything.
10. Worship. Singing is one of the best ways to worship God and singing with a room or stage full of believers is one of the greatest things you'll ever experience.
So, come join us! I promise you won't regret it.