Thursday, March 22, 2018

Reckless Love

I’m sure you guys have heard the new song Reckless Love by Cory Asbury.  If not, I’m attaching a video so go listen first, then read!:


When I first heard it, I was slightly confused by the chorus… “leaves the 99”.  I wasn’t totally sure what that was all about.  So, I did a little research and found this verse:

Luke 15:3-7

So Jesus told them this story: “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders. When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’ In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!


In this passage, it is so evident that God just wants me- a dumb little sheep that loses its way on the way home.  And when He finds me...when I’ve tucked my tail and come running scared to death, with no hope, on the edge, He finds me.  He embraces me.  God, the Creator of the universe rejoices over ME.  What an overwhelming love that God has for me!  

When you are the one that has lost your way, EVERY SINGLE TIME God will come chasing you down, fighting the battles to ensure your safe return.  His love is reckless.  He would move mountains to have a relationship with us.  His love is never ending.  We can never outrun His love for us.   

As we enter into Passion Pay weekend and Easter coming up next weekend, I hope that you will be inspired to reflect on the way that we are loved so recklessly that Jesus offered up His life, took on each of our sins, our pains, our sorrows, our secrets, our scars, so that He could prove His love for each soul.  And yes, He did it for the one.  When Jesus was suffering on the cross, it was for the ONE.  There is nothing that will stop the love of Christ from reaching into the darkest parts of us to bring the light of eternal life and redemption to our lives.  

I hope this encourages you this week!  

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment