Monday, June 23, 2014

Shine Your Light...



A couple weeks ago, a lady came to me after a Sunday Morning Service and said the sweetest thing.  She said, “I just want you to know that you glow when you are up on stage.  I can just feel the presence of The Lord flowing through you as you help lead worship.  Don’t let them take that away from you at App because the sincerity is truly a gift.”

At the time, this comment just seemed like a sweet compliment, but the more I weighed into it, the more flattered I was to receive it.  You see, I have been performing for people since I was able to walk.  The cheesier I was, the more likely the judges were to love me, and that was what mattered.  Everything was about how I presented myself; how I looked, how I dressed, how I danced... you get the picture.  As I have grown, I have realized that the outside really doesn’t matter as much as people would have you believe.  What really matters is what God looks at, and that is our hearts.  

In the past two years, I have been faced with a terrible battle.  Losing my capability to dance has really been difficult for me.  But, facing this battle has made me want to pursue my other talents so much more.  Leading others in worship has become my new passion.  I have decided that I am no longer performing for any earthly judge, but I am pouring out my praise to my Heavenly Father.  I am constantly finding myself in a “worship state of mind.”  I am always singing some kind of song to praise God.  Sometimes when I cannot find words to pray, I begin to sing because it just feels so natural to me.  My heart is filled with praise for our God and with the desire to lead others to be filled with His praise.

In Joshua chapter 24, verse 14 reads, “Therefore, fear The Lord and worship Him in sincerity and truth.”  In my worship, I want to be sincere.  I want Jesus to be able to see right through my heart and see that it is filled with praises for Him.  I want others to be able to see that light in me too.  I know that sometimes it is tough to be the shining light in this dim and dark world, but we know that through Christ we can conquer all.  

This week I pray that we can shine bright in this world, and be able to reveal to others what is truly in our hearts.  

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment