Monday, September 1, 2014

Blasts from the Past

So, this past week I was looking on YouTube for a piano tutorial for a song that I'm currently learning and I remembered that our worship team has a YouTube channel that I haven't checked or updated in a few years.  So, I pulled up our channel and watched some old videos of our worship team from 3 and 4 years ago from concerts that we had done.  Needless to say, I believe that we have come a long, long way since then, but still, there were a couple of videos that I wanted to share with you.

The first one is "Sweet Home Up in Heaven".  Geoff Farmer rewrote the lyrics to "Sweet Home Alabama" and we did this at our first concert as a team.  I wasn't sure how people would respond to it, but judging by the hooting and hollering, I believe they enjoyed it.  It has actually been viewed over 1300 times on YouTube.  Unbelievable!   What's even more unbelievable is how some of us looked.  My hair was down to my shoulders and I was 30 pounds heavier than I am now.  Jordan (electric guitar) looked like he was 12 years old (he was actually like 17).  So, here it is.  Don't judge us too harshly on it.  We were just trying to have some fun.


player.vimeo.com/video/104850582


This next one might be my favorite.  It's "Manic Sunday".  Geoff Farmer once again rewrote the lyrics to a well-known secular song ("Manic Monday") and this is what we came up with.  What's truly amazing is that I talked the ladies into dressing up in '80's garb and even wearing horrible wigs.  Once again, unbelievable!  So, here you go and enjoy!


player.vimeo.com/video/104850583

I hope you've enjoyed this walk down memory lane.  I know I did.

Worship Big!

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment