Monday, September 22, 2014

The Drama Team

In last week's blog post I talked about some things that I learned from my worship conference.  In this week's post I want to talk about another part of my conference that I really liked.  During each of the general sessions (morning and evening) we always started out the session with a comedian.  They were Christian comedians and were extremely funny.  I'm not going to say that they set the mood for worship, but they did put everyone at ease and helped everyone relax.  

Now, as someone who has been in worship ministry for over 20 years, I've learned that one of the hardest things to do is get people to relax and just let God take over a worship service.  Sometimes, the best thing that can happen is for someone (normally me) to have a total and complete train wreck musically that makes people laugh.  It breaks the tension and gets people to relax.  And that's what the comedian did for us each session.

Now, here at MPBC we don't get to have comedians in our services (at least not intentionally).  So, we have to find different ways to get people to laugh and/or relax.  One of the best ways I've found is skits by our drama team.  We try to do one skit per month (during the school year) and typically they are pretty funny, although sometimes they can be serious.  They break up the monotony that sometimes can happen in church services and generally set people at ease.  Plus, we have some really talented actors in our church.  I'm actually kind of amazed at the amount of acting talent and ability that is in our church.

With all of that said, I want to show you a skit that our drama team did yesterday at church.  Now, what makes this skit really interesting is that they talked me into being a part of it.  I am not an actor.  AT ALL.  But fortunately, I didn't have a lot of lines.  The hardest part for me was not laughing at Travis.  So, I hope you enjoy!



Worship Big!

Brad


No comments:

Post a Comment