Monday, November 10, 2014

Music & Emotions

    "Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul, it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." - Martin Luther

    I don't know about you, but music "feeds my soul" quite often.  No matter what my emotions are at the time, I can almost guarantee that I can find a song to tell you how I am feeling.  When I was in high school, music got me through some tough, dark times.  I distinctly remember times that the only way I could make it through was listening to songs from K-love or 106.9.  Though I sadly admit during these hard times in my life I should been reading scripture and praying more than I was, music was my outlet.  It was my comfort during these times because talking about my problems was not something that I did.  Now, I'm obviously not here only because of music, because I eventually got to the point where I thought, "What's the use?  No one needs me."  God and His perfect placement of music in my life was my saving grace.  

    By this time, I had already been singing since the 1st grade, where I won the award of "best singer" in my class :)  It was a great accomplishment for me at the time.  (Don't judge)  My experiences in high school only grew my passion for music and even more specifically, singing.  During these trying times, I chose to use my gifts for His glory alone; and have been doing so ever since.  I say all that to say this: God gives people specific gifts, so don't be afraid to share those gifts with others.  God orchestrates and ordains things in our lives that we can't begin to fathom.  You never know when your gifts are meant to be a blessing to other people.

Blessings to all,

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment