Now, if you go our church website, www.mpbc.ws, and then click on the "Creative Arts" tab at the top of the homepage, it will take you to a page of links for each of the different teams within the "Creative Arts" ministry of MPBC. We have the Praise Team/Band, the Drama Team, the Children's Choir, the Worship Technologies Team, the Worship Choir, the Ladies Ensemble, the Passion Play, our Music Lessons, and the Blog ministry. This week's blog will cover plans for the first 4 teams mentioned above and next week's post will cover the remaining teams/ministries.
Let's get started with the Praise Team/Band.
- We have a worship concert coming up on Sunday, January 25th, and I believe that God is really going to show up in a powerful way that day. Concerts are always fun and they are a great tool for inviting family and friends to church that don't normally attend. So, I hope we have a great crowd that day.
- We just completed our 2nd worship CD ("Greater Still") and released it last month. The response has been very positive. Because of this, I'm hoping that we can record another CD this upcoming year. We learned a lot about the process this time around and I believe we can do an even better job with the next one.
- Currently, the band and a few singers are on our Aviom
- One of the things I would really like to incorporate this year is the use of multi-tracks. They are kind of like split-tracks that people use when singing a song in church. Only, for us, the are run off of a computer and the band would play along with them. The multi-tracks still have the "click" that the band has grown to love but they would also give us the freedom to add pre-recorded extra instruments and layers of sound that we don't normally have.
- And finally, I'm always looking to add depth to the musicians that we have. In church work, you can never have enough musicians. My goal is for us to eventually be able to rotate 2 complete teams from Sunday to Sunday. We're getting there, but we are still lacking a couple of instrumentalists.
- The Drama Team just presented it's now "annual" Christmas Play and did a wonderful job! You can see it here: www.mpbc.ws/creativearts/drama. I'm planning on them doing another Christmas Play next year.
- One of the biggest ways that the Drama Team contributes here at MPBC is by doing monthly skits. They really add a lot to our Sunday services and I'm planning on them continuing them and incorporating more and more people.
- One of the things that I'm really hoping we can pull off this year is a Dinner Theater. We're currently in the process of finding the right script to use. I believe this could be an incredible outreach for the church and an opportunity for the Drama Team to do something big and exciting.
- Over the past few years we've transitioned the Children's Choir program from doing seasonal musicals to learning and presenting worship songs on Sunday mornings. Part of this was done because of a lack of practice time, but the biggest reason was to help prepare our kids to be worshipers and hopefully for some of them, to one day be worship leaders within the church. To help accomplish this, for every song they learn, at least 2 kids get to lead it vocally, 1 kid gets to run sound for it, and 1 kid gets to run the lyric slides. I'm hoping that this puts a desire within them to want to be a part of our worship ministry as they continue to get older. The plan for this year is to continue giving them opportunities to lead on Sunday mornings and for us to keep equipping them to lead and serve within the worship ministry as they get older.
- I do have a couple of other ideas for them, such as another kid's worship camp (like we've done in the past) and even having them perform their songs with the band playing with them (I think the kids would really like that), but we'll see how those things work out as the year progresses.
- This might be the most talented team within the entire Creative Arts Ministry. What they do on Sundays and Wednesdays with our sound, lights, video, and projection is unbelievable!
- Just like every other team within the Creative Arts Ministry, the Tech Team is always looking for more dedicated team members. So, hopefully this year we can add a few more members (camera men/women are always needed).