Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Real Truth

"You can never be the same after the unveiling of a truth. That moment marks you as one who either continues on with even more devotion as a follower of Christ, or as one who turns to go back as a deserter" - Oswald Chambers

I came across that quote the other day, and it impacted me greatly.   I mean, I honestly never thought about that before. I know we can either accept or reject truth, but I never thought deeper.  Deep enough to realize that the way our conscience responds to truth instantly marks us and we are marked forever.  We are marked either as a devoted disciple, servant of Jesus Christ, or as a deserter who rejects truth and attempts to pursue things to fulfill a complete life.  Unaware that it can never be obtained...not without the greatest Truth.  I thought deeper upon those words and God began to reveal much more to me. He caused me to question, what is truth?  Ultimately I think the “truth” Chambers referred to was Christ Himself.  Christ is the one truth we have in the world today revealed in the pages of the Bible.  John 8:31-32 says, "So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free".  In Jesus we are free, so why would we not wish to serve Him? 


On Sunday mornings we sing and play in worship to God.  He is revealed to us every time we start the music. We sing about truth, and we sing about going free, but do we mean it?  Every Sunday there is always a moment that I just take a look around and I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and the presence of God Himself. It is extremely humbling because He is the reason I do what I do. He is my truth. In John 14:6 Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me"  So, the next time we start worship, whether it be at church or when you begin your day, why don't we take a moment to thank God for the Truth He so graciously blessed us with..... Jesus Christ.

In His Truth,


Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment