Monday, March 14, 2016

The Young Ones

I was trying to figure out how old I was when I joined the praise team the other day and it made me think about how many young people we have leading worship and working in the church in general now! I joined the Wednesday Night praise team when I was twelve and then joined the regular praise team when I was fifteen. At the time, I think there were only one or two more people under the age of twenty in the praise team. We have added on quite a few more young people in the past couple of years and that greatly encourages me... 

As most of you know, music is my thing. Like a sport or dance or even academics may be other people’s things, well, music is mine. I have always loved to sing and play instruments. It’s what I enjoy. I am grateful that we utilize young people in every aspect at our church and especially in the praise team. It has given me an outlet to do what I love (whether it be singing or playing an instrument) every week. That makes our church stick out. It used to shock people when I would tell them that I was in my church praise team. Around here having young people participate in anything church-wise seems a bit odd. I’m glad we chose to branch out. I love to look onstage and back at the sound area and even see the little guys doing the ushering on Sunday mornings. 

Now that I am getting older it does my heart good to see young people having the opportunity to learn and learn from people who love the Lord. It’s a beautiful thing! So thank you for allowing me to take part and not making me sit and watch the adults do everything. I know that sometimes it can be harder to keep things on track with a bunch of young people, (I have been a contributor to that, I’m sure:)) but I can see that it’s paying off by the looks of admiration and inspiration on the faces of the younger kids when they watch the older ones going about their specific jobs. I pray that upcoming generations will be full of young people who started working and participating in their churches at a young age and will continue to do so throughout their lives, teaching their children to do the same. We’ve got a great thing going at MPBC! All the glory to God! 

“Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for other believers in your speech, behavior, love, faithfulness, and purity.” ~1 Timothy 4:12

Kandace 


No comments:

Post a Comment