Monday, March 7, 2016

Even So Come

As I was trying to decide on what I was going to write for the
blog this week, I had the thought: What better subject to write on, than one of the things that has affected me the most in my life, music. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to play music in many places, but most importantly, in church.

When I first began playing in the Praise Team, about a year and a half ago, I was not as close to the Lord. I worried more about whether I was going to mess up, instead of completely focusing on Him. During this past year, I have grown so close to the Lord through music. I learned to feel the music, and to be the song. Once I realized how God was speaking to me through song, my focus quickly faded from the crowd, to my Savior.

One of the songs that affect me the most is, “Even So Come.” The powerful lyrics state:

“Like a bride waiting for her groom, we’ll be a church
Ready for you, every heart longing for our king,
We sing, even so come, Lord Jesus come”

Every time I play/sing this song, new and different emotions flow through me. It has such powerful words, and musicality. The song is a reminder that even through all of our daily hardships/struggles of life, we need to always be ready for Him, and live and worship everyday as if it were our last.


Blessings,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment