Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Thirsty? Come to the Water

How often do you feel the need to drink?  If we listen to nutritionists, we should be drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water every day.  Thanks to coffee, I get about half of that amount within the first 2 hours of my day.

Now, if my math serves me properly, I should be good to go until about 4 pm before needing another drink.  But as we all know, that is not the case as our thirst will creep back around much sooner than that.

So what's the point here?  The point is that we can never really drink too much. (At least I have never heard that from a doctor.) The same is true in regards to our relationship with Jesus...we can never get too much.

Jesus revealed to John, "for the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water"-Rev. 7:17.  And there you have it, turn to Jesus and have your thirst satisfied.

I have recently found encouragement through the song "Come to the Water" by Kristian Stanfill.  The song is a simple invitation for us to come and experience all that Christ has to offer.

The song is not new which is why it serves as a pleasant reminder that the promise we have in Jesus, while not new to those who have called upon his name, can be like new every time we turn to him.

Stanfill sings:

Oh, come, come to the water
All who are thirsty
Come and be filled

Just like the drink that I would need to have before 4 pm rolls around, I am in need of more Jesus no matter how much I have already had.  It's absolutely amazing to me to know that we have a savior who can fully satisfy our thirst for life when we truly seek him.

And as the song delivers:

We believe you will satisfy
You bring our hearts to life
We are alive!

If you want to listen to the song, here's a link:  https://player.vimeo.com/video/164281784

Have a blessed week!

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment