Thursday, September 29, 2016

Victory In Jesus

A few weeks ago in my post "Pushing Yourself", I mentioned a song that our team is learning called "Victory In Jesus".  I noted how that song required me to learn a new playing technique that I wasn't used to going into the song.  Well, after some practice and experience with it, I think I have gotten close.  Well, much closer than I was before.

When I played it this past Sunday, I had a moment during the second service that I've been waiting for; that moment where the song just kind of "clicked" for me.  If you're a musician, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I had a similar experience about 5 years ago on stage when the guitar's fretboard just opened up to me and everything just made much more sense.  This time, it wasn't so much the fretboard and the notes as it was the technique and how to get the sound I want out of that cumbersome glass slide around my finger.  So, below is a 20 second clip of the band playing it on Sunday with my attempt at the song.

Enjoy!!





Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment