Tuesday, October 4, 2016

This Is Amazing Grace

With this week's post I wanted to go ahead and introduce a new song that we are learning this month and will be presenting to the church next month.  It's called "This Is Amazing Grace" by Phil Wickham.  It's a wonderful song about the power of Jesus and His "Amazing Grace".

I've been considering it for the worship team for about a year or so now.  Phil Wickham was at my conference a couple of years ago and sang the song then.  It was good, but it lacked the “punch” I was looking for in a worship song for the church.  I think that part of the problem was that he was by himself and wasn't being accompanied by a band.  I’ve heard the song on the radio a number of times since then and have found myself liking the song more and more.  The big question I continued to have about it was how would people respond to it when done live with a band.  Well, that was answered for me at my conference last month.  The house band opened up the conference with it and it was AWESOME!  People were really singing and worshiping.  I was sold!

Here’s the video for it:  



I hope you like it, because we'll be doing it live next month!

Worship Big!

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment