Monday, December 1, 2014

Prepare

It’s officially here!  The “have a holly jolly, rockin’ around, fa-la-la-la-la” time of year.   The time of year when we pull out our calendars and begin the tedious task of filling in every possible day with parties, dinners, family gatherings, shopping dates, trips. . . We will prep, wrap, write, clean, fret and stress about all the things that we think are necessary celebrate Christmas.  We will get so consumed in preparing for Christmas that the month will pass by and many of us will realize that we never prepared for Christmas.  It is the time of year that I realize that I am Martha.
 
But all He wants is for me to be Mary.  He wants me to be less consumed about preparing for the celebration and to be more about preparing for the Celebrated!  Mary had her priorities straight.  She walked away from her “to do” list to do the one thing that mattered.  She sat at the feet of Jesus. 
The praise team prepares for worship each week.  We prepare our notebooks, listen and practice music at home and then show up for rehearsal each week where we prepare for worship on Sunday morning.  I often wonder if I prepare my heart for worship as much as I prepare for worship.  Whether you are preparing your homes, the cards, shopping lists, the dinner menu, or the music for Sunday morning, spend time preparing your heart to worship the One who came as a baby in a manger.  Be like Mary and sit at the feet of Jesus. 


As we enter into this Holy season, my prayer for each of you (and myself) is that when the month becomes so busy, you will listen for His voice.  “… only a few things are necessary, really only one, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken from her.”  (Luke 10:42) Let every heart prepare Him room. 


Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment