Monday, January 4, 2016

Ever Be

For my upcoming special music, Justin suggested that I sing the song “Ever Be” by Bethel Music.  As I was studying the lyrics this week, I was drawn once again to the realization that we serve such a mighty God, and truthfully, His praise should “ever be on our lips.”  Here are a few of the lyrics to this powerful song:

“faithful You have been and faithful You will be,
You pledge Yourself to me and it’s why I sing.
Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips…”

Wow… Sometimes, if I’m being completely honest, I find myself angry because of everything that I have had to endure with my neck and shoulder, because I focus on the pain instead of praising God for His blessings on me!  When I was injured, if my injury had been just one vertebrae up (which is approximately 4 millimeters, 1/25 of an inch…) my respiratory function could have stopped and heart function could have ceased.  I could have been left paralyzed or even dead in that very moment, but God was not finished with me!  He has been faithful to me…carrying me while I have a thorn in my side.  Yet, sometimes, I get so worried about the “what if’s” to be able to truly give my all to Him!  That is hard to admit, knowing that He took all of my pain and MUCH more for ME and for YOU!  I must remember to praise Him in the good and the bad times.  As we begin the New Year, we will all have some good and bad times.  Let’s remember to praise Him through the highs and the lows.  I love this quote:

       “Turn your worry into worship and watch God turn your battles into blessings.” –Unknown

If we can just let go of all of our worries and let God take over, He will pour onto us His blessings.  He pledges Himself and His blessings to us, we just have to be willing to open our hearts and accept it.  In the second verse of the song, it talks about some of the blessings that God will give to us:

“You shoulder our weakness and Your strength becomes our own.”

For the past four years, although I have endured physical pain, God has shouldered my weakness and given me strength to make it from day to day.  When I would feel beaten down, ruined, and weak, God would remind me that I am His, and that He will make me whole.  No matter how much physical (or emotional) pain I was feeling at that moment, He would always be there, feeling it all with me, and taking my pain.  What a wonderful Father…His praise shall ever be on my lips.  I will always praise Him for holding me. 
And now, because of His grace and mercy, I can stand with my arms high, and feel no pain, and worship Him without reserve.  Even though this may be my cross to bear, and I may still have spasms; I don’t have to worry because I know that no matter what, God will bless me as long as I pour out my praise to Him.
 
We each have our own cross to bear. We each can identify some area of our life that is the thorn in our flesh.  Do not give that thorn power over you.  Let His praise ever be on your lips!  Praise Him for the pain!   Let’s all thank Him that we do not have to endure the pain that He so graciously took for each of us to make a way back to Him!  I pray in this New Year we can all praise God through whatever circumstance He sends us!

Blessings to each of you as we continue to serve Jesus together!


Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment