Thursday, February 25, 2016

He Has Won

With this week’s blog post, I want to introduce a new song to everyone that we will be learning at church next month.  It’s called “He Has Won” by Vertical Church Band.  With Easter quickly approaching, I believe it will be a wonderful song of triumph and celebration of Jesus’ victory over death and the grave.  The lyrics of the chorus are:

He has won
Death is swallowed up in victory
Through the Son
The grave has lost its sting and its grip over me
Yes, He has won

Jesus is victorious and because of that, we are victorious as well.  But as I really started learning this song, the words of the 1st verse have come to mean the most to me.

To all who are the tired and the heavy laden
Hope has come
To all who feel the weight of the broken spirit
Hope has come

I don’t know about you, but there have definitely been times recently where I have felt tired, heavy laden, and have had a broken spirit (just ask anyone involved with this year’s Passion Play).  But when I feel that way I just need to go to Jesus and He will give me rest, peace, and hope.  As Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 “Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest”. 

So, I hope you like the song and I look forward to singing boldly that He (Jesus) has won!

Here’s the video:



Worship Big!


Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment