Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Is There Ever More Than This?

This is a question that I've had deep in the back of my mind for some time now.  Until last week, I didn't know if there was a correct answer, much less how to go about beginning to answer it.  It's really something that I've been back and forth on several times and I would imagine that we all have this same thought to some degree.  

For me, this thought came after beginning our latest album project. The thought just came to me, "will there ever be more than this?"  More as in something more exciting, something more important, something more fulfilling? Will there ever be more?  Parts of my job require me to study other music ministries; some of which are absolutely massive.  I look at the people within these ministries and sometimes wonder if that could be me.  Could I be a part of an awesome music ministry, no matter where it is?  Will I get to move off somewhere else and do something great?  Do I have what it would take? Do I even have the talent?  All of these thoughts flooded my mind all at once. 

However, here is one thought that didn't cross my mind until much later:  "Is it Spirit-led?"  I had no idea where these thoughts were coming from.  It would be one thing if I didn't like my job, or didn't feel important here, but the opposite is true.  I love my job and feel that what I do is imperative to our mission at MPBC.  I honestly can't think of anything else I'd rather do!  There's just something in me that has always been curious to what else is available.  I think there is a part of all of us that possesses the same curiosity.  

After thinking about this for quite some time, I came to the realization that I may always be asking myself "Is there more?".  No matter what I'm doing, how big or how small, or how young or old I am, I may always be wondering.  But, there is a verse that has presented itself to me throughout this entire thought process that put my mind to rest:
  
"I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."  
 - Psalm 16:8-11

"You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy." To me, that sums up contentment.  Where I am right now is exactly where I am called to be and I wouldn't have it any other way.  So is there ever "more" than what I'm doing right now?  I don't think there could be...

Peace,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment