Monday, August 1, 2016

A New Voice

So, I had a topic that I had been planning to write about for a few weeks, but then I heard it...the voice.  Ever have that happen?  You hear someone sing and it just kind of overwhelms you?  Well, that happened to me this weekend.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a CD of one of the worship artists that will be at my worship conference next month.  I like to get familiar with the different artists that will be there so that I can participate more during the worship times.  And yes, millennials, I bought a CD.  I'm old school that way.  In fact, I'm old enough to remember buying cassette tapes, records, and even listening to my grandparents 8-tracks (young people-you'll have to google it).

Okay, back to the voice.  So, I put in the CD, hit play, and there it was.  The voice of Lauren Daigle.  
Wow, she can sing.  She kind of reminds me of Adele, only she's not British and she's not singing about setting fire to the rain.  

Now, some of you might already know who she is.  I'm pretty sure they play some of her music on Christian radio.  As weird as it is, I don't really listen to Christian radio that much. After listening, playing, editing, and teaching music all day at work, I typically just listen to sports radio in the car.  Plus, anytime I do listen to Christian radio they are playing the same Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, and Third Day that they were playing 10 years ago.  But I digress. 

I'm really enjoying her CD and thought I would share one of her songs with you.  It's called "Trust in You".  Here are the words to the chorus:

When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You

What powerful words!  

Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

Even when we don't understand, we still need to trust in the Lord!  Here's the video to "Trust in You" if want to watch. Enjoy!




Worship Big!

Brad

   

No comments:

Post a Comment