Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Mindset of Thanksgiving

Psalm 9:1-2 says, "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praises to your name O Most High." 

To me, this verse sums up worship.  The part of the verse that gets me every time is "I will recount all of your wonderful deeds."  Something that we try to teach throughout our music ministry at Mt Pleasant (that I love) is that worship is about remembering.  Remembering the times that God pulled through for you.  Remembering the times the He proved His faithfulness.  Remembering what He has done for you.

On Thanksgiving, it's easy to think of the things that we're thankful for in our lives, whether it be our health, our friends and family, our church, etc.  All of those things are things we should definitely reflect on, but as of late, I'm also trying to recount God's faithfulness in my life.  Like worship, Thanksgiving is about remembering.  Instead of it being something we think about one week out of the year, try to let that be a mindset that you live in.  

As I recount all the things that He's done for me; my spouse, my children, my job, I'm reminded that every good and perfect thing is from the Father.  He is an extraordinarily good Father who brings what is needed when it's needed.  He has given me more than I'll ever deserve.  This Thanksgiving, just as David did in this Psalm, let's recount and remember together the Lord's faithfulness in our lives and give thanks for what He's done.

Peace,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment