Thursday, November 30, 2017

Impossible...

Do you ever look at everything going on around you and think "This is absolutely impossible!" I know I do. I could make lists that go on for days of impossible tasks that I've got to face. Some range from, "Wow, I will never get all of this laundry finished" to "It feels impossible to forgive that person," and "Will that person ever be able to see Jesus?". It seems like there are lots of "impossibles" in our every day life.

I went to a Kari Jobe concert a few months ago and I've held onto this one thing that she said. She said, "An impossible situation is a set up for a miracle from God." That is a way I haven't looked at things before...and I know I am seriously guilty of being defeated before I even get the whole picture. So, this mindset has been a nice change of pace for me.

Now, when I see the broken and lost people that I felt would never experience Jesus, I just pray harder. I pray that God will move in His miraculous ways and make their hearts whole. When I look at my grandfather and see all of the devastating illnesses and ailments that he is going to have to overcome, I see God bringing our family closer in ways we never have been before, relying on and trusting in God like we never have before. I am taking my "impossibles" and handing them to Jesus, trusting that He will make them into miracles.

As Isaiah 43 shows us, God will always make a way. In those verses, Isaiah tells us over and over again how God's hand cannot be overcome, ever. We are reminded of the absolute power of our God. I think Isaiah 43:19 is my favorite though.. It says:

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

God is making miracles happen all around us, can't you see it! Every morning we are blessed with another breath, another day to watch Jesus turn our impossible situations into crazy awesome miracles.

Hopefully, this week you will be encouraged to let Jesus make your impossible situation His miracle. Be reminded that He will always make a way.

Love & blessings!

Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment